Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Update/ Dear 2013



To anyone who still reads my blog, I am so sorry about my inconsistency, cough, lack of posting over the last three going on four months. Exchange is hard folks, harder than you can imagine but SO worth it in the end. In light of the New Year and updating my blog I have written a short letter to our dear friend 2013.

Dear 2013,

Wow, I can't believe how fast you have flown by, it feels like only a couple of months ago that I was ringing you in but now your leaving for good. What an insanely magnificent, invigorating, exhilarating, eye opening year it has been. The shortest and longest year I've yet to experience. If anyone would have told me a year ago this time that I would be living in Morocco on New Year’s Eve 2013, I wouldn't have believed them at all. Even when I left the U.S. back in August, I had no idea what I was getting into. This whole year has been such a journey, one I will be forever thankful for. As I reflect back I smile; at the good, the bad, and the really ugly. All the unexpected challenges, street harassment, homesickness, miscommunication hiccups (as so happens when you’re learning two languages) and our good old friend culture shock. Before you leave, I want to say thank you. Thank you for an incredible year, one I will never forget. The amazing people I've met, the stunning sights I've witnessed, and all the lessons learned. I've grown and changed in ways I didn't imagine. I've learned about determination, persistence, and how a sense of humor goes a long way! I'm sorry that I haven't had time to blog as much as I'd like but I hope to change that in the New Year. My New Year's resolution? To pursue truth, deepen my relationship with Christ, live in the moment, and love till it hurts! Oh, and learning Darija would be nice too. To your sister 2014, let her know I am so excited to meet her and see what she has in store for me!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment